Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Puppies - Bite Inhibition

In one of my previous posts I said I'd try and get pics of puppies play fighting and learning bite inhibition. They all start to learn this as early as 2.5 wks of age, before the puppy teeth come in.

Can we do rearrange this together?

Here's the Bliss litter around 4 wks of age. They've decided the way I made their bed needed rearranging. Yes, they thought this play time was fun, but they were also learning how much pressure was needed & physical force to move this item, which didn't yipe back at them.


Maybe I should train them to make our bed!
I got you~ no you don't, I got you!

Two of Tyme's girls in a play fight. At 6+ wks their teeth are fully erupted and their jaws are getting stronger.
Now I've got you .... nope, I got you!
Sheesh, all this learning is tiring.

2 comments:

Kav December 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

What a pretty little face in that last shot. I so miss watching puppies play. And I love how they just suddenly stop and drop and snooze!!!! Too funny.


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP