Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Sunday, April 11, 2010

First Local Dog Show Of The Year

This past weekend, Mary-Anne, Marylou and myself headed up to the 1st conformation show in our area, the Champlain Dog Show. It's close to a 2 hour drive and I don't think there was a quiet moment, as we chattered about everything and anything.

A Great Girls Weekend!

We showed our Shelamo That's Amore, "Ruby" all 3 days, and her litter brother Shelamo Sugar Rush just on the Friday. "Rush" is just now starting to coat up and learning the show ropes after the last 7 months doing obedience and having fun and Marylou's.


Our "Ruby" did us proud. Friday, we were off to a slow start, however we found ourselves taking Group 2nds both Saturday and Sunday for a total of 10 pts, in a very competitive field!

Shelamo That's Amore

On Saturday our judge was Mrs. Otero from Argentina (she gave our "Tyme" a RWB/BPIB in 2007), and on Sunday, Mr. Charlie Bett from Ontario.

We took a few moments on Saturday while the sun was out to capture these 2 now as adults.

Shelamo Sugar Rush



In trying to get these pictures of Rush ... it was RUN Marylou RUN!

5 comments:

Kav April 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Stunning photos! The close up of Rush (I think it's her) is so heart stopping. She has the sweetest face.

And thanks for the grooming tip. I will dispose of the loop thingy post haste. A sheltie owner gave it to me and I thought I was behind the times. We'll stick with the brush. My guy will never look like yours but I like to keep him as spiffy as I can.

Shelamo Shelties April 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

Rush is a male. You're welcome on the grooming tip. I also don't recommend the Furminator as a deshedding tool.

Kav April 13, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

LOL. I meant Ruby. The top picture that's a close up. I think that's Ruby, not Rush -- anyway whichever one it is, I like the hint of a smile. :-)

judyf,  April 14, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Is Ruby finished now or does she need a third judge? Great wins, Maureen! They both look gorgeous!

Shelamo Shelties April 14, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

Ruby needs another judge. She does have the required pts, however they need 3 judges. If at a show she is the only class female present, and awarded Winners Female, she would finish.


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP