Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting Show Ready

Today is brush, bath, blow dry, brush, trim, doing all the pre-show work on several dogs we're taking to the show this weekend.

Our "Rush" has been visiting at our good friend Marylou's, growing coat, doing obedience and just having fun running in the bush with her other 2 shelties. Knowing I was taking him from a 'raw' state he would be the 1st I started on. Once done, I took him out to the pen to shake off ... and captured a few pics of him to see just what I'd accomplished. Here are a few ... with a little playing with some of my new Photoshop brushes - I think he's maturing to a stunning boy.

Shelamo Sugar Rush - 2 yrs of age



He's from our litter of 4 out of Ch Shelamo Sugar Shack, sired by Ch Highledge Irish Cream ROMC.

Now we just have to wait and see whether his genes can produce any pups in our new litter with similar traits.

Well back to more bathing & grooming.

2 comments:

Kav April 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Rush is gorgeous!!!!! I hope you had a great time at the show this past weekend. I have a grooming question, though. I've always brushed my shelties every couple of days but was recently given something that's supposed to strip the undercoat away. It has a loop with little teeth and you run it through the fur and boy does it take out the fuzzies! I had half a dog when I was through. He didn't like it much though. So my question is -- is it good to use that kind of tool? And if so, how often would you do it? Thanks.

Shelamo Shelties April 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

Thanks, we think he's really matured now. If I understand you correctly about this U shaped stripper, I would recomment not using it. This tool is made for dogs with short coats, like Labs, Beagles. It will strip the outer protective coat also and easily leave 'holes'. Unless the dog is shedding you don't want to remove the under coat. See my Health Tips page. If you have a very coated sheltie and need help in managing it, might I suggest a grooming sesson to learn the best ways/tools.


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP