Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Monday, February 7, 2011

Enjoying Our Winter Birds

Our tiny bird, with their black hood, white throat and grey body is called a Chickadee, and their call is just like that chick-a-dee-dee-dee. They are getting more and more trusting of me that I can move in closer. I've also set the picture 'beep' to off as that seems to scare them.

Last Wednesday I captured this one during a fluffy snow storm. I have a suet ball hanging and then the blown glass holder than mom gave me as an Xmas present.

They come in one by one, take a mouth full and then fly off to the surrounding trees.
Here you can see 3 chickadees sitting on the clothes line waiting their turn. Yeah, sometimes we'll see one on each side of the suet ball, but that is rare.
This little one gets to feast all by himself.
I find it amazing that as soon as the sun starts to go down, they all disappear.

A red headed woodpecker showed up yesterday, but when I went to open the patio doors to snap a picture, it was gone into the bushes in a flash.

0 comments:


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP