Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ronas Hill Kraker-jak UD

Remembering - if it were not for my best bud, Kraker-jak, I'm not sure where I'd be today.  He taught me so much about the friendship we gain from dogs, and how each one teaches us something new in life.

With the recent passing of Barbara Ann Scott, who started her skating career at the Minto Skating Club, it brought to mind that, that is where I 1st started skating too, and there came a point I had a decision to make - I might have been 12 yrs or so, that either I continue skating or take the next obedience lesson as the class nights conflicted.  Guess what I chose?
One of my fav pics - many Sunday's the family would take a walk around Pink Lake in our Gatineau Hills
 Amazing once taught 'take it, hold it, give it' what we'd ask him to do!
 
 One of his last high jumps for his UD before he became ill
This is the 1st picture taken of the two of us.  Taken in 1967 by Jeanne White of the Ottawa Journal for an article on the Bytown Dog Obedience Club's very 1st Puppy Kindergarten class.

I am proud to say that I was the 1st youngest to ever go from the BDOC Puppy Kindergarten class to obtaining our Utility Degree.

 Am sure he is still by my side, guiding me with every class I teach.

2 comments:

Kav October 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM  

Definitely sounds like you have stayed true to your calling from an early age! I appreciate the knowledge and experiences you share here.

Shelamo Shelties October 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM  

Thank-you. Hope we get to meet face to face some day. You can always find me @ Lakeside on Weds!


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP