Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Friday, May 3, 2013

Teaching The Young Ones

One of the many things I try and do in our community is to help instill being a Good Canine Citizen.

On Wednesday I went with Mary Lou (her girl "Sadie") and 5 of our puppies/dogs, to one of my client's Sparks & Brownie night for Doggie Appreciation.  We discussed what it takes to own a dog, proper care, why it's important to have quiet feet, quiet voices, especially around young dogs, and how to approach dogs with their owners and how to be a 'tree' and what to do, if a puppy nips them in play.  We discussed what to look for health wise - they were quiet knowledgeable on proper grooming and looking for fleas, ticks.
Mary Lou with her girl "Sadie" during the individual how to approach a dog session
information session, after each one had practiced proper approaching a dog and their owner
 
 Our 10 month old "Raisin" had a ball and enjoyed all the attention!
.
 "Raisin" in the middle of all it all
Kris Morin (my client) with our "Rocky" getting the circle ready for the puppies
At 13 yrs old, BPIS Am/Cdn Ch "Rocky" lapped up all the spot light :)
and as deaf as he is now he showed them all his 'show show' moves to a tee - to say I'm proud of my boy is an understatement
The 'circle'
We had the girls make a 'human x-pen' for the puppies.
3 puppies @ just under 7 wks, the girls learned the importance of being still, with quiet voices and allowing the pups to come to them.


I remember my days as a Brownie & Guide, and WOW, their uniforms certainly aren't what I wore!!  No more skirts, no more hats.

I hope we helped these girls work towards their Vision .....

"Girl Guides of Canada, the organization of choice for girls and women, makes a positive difference in the life of every girl and woman who experiences Guiding so she can contribute responsibly to her communities."

Must say I took home tired puppies!  and TG, no messes during the car ride.

0 comments:


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP