Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Shades of the Ice Storm In January 1998

Yesterday, mid afternoon to late evening, Mike and I spent it with the fire place going to heat the house, candles to light our way, and flashlights in hand. We got hit with an ice storm that caused our power to go out for, guess well over 5 hours. Mike tried to keep the deck cleared so the 'house mice' could go out safely, but needless to say the dogs didn't spend much time outside.
The temperature was just such that as the rain fell it was freezing in some spots, others creating ice and thawing in others. This was a big icicle hanging down the back of our house.
The deck seating with its own Christmas display.
Today, Monday I went over to my sisters ... here's the view of part of our road. A frosty, icy, still cloudy day. The main roads were fine for driving as the temp wasn't that low. The sun has been trying to peek out, but not yet in our part of town.
The shrubs along the road with their own twinkle.
The pine trees laden with ice on their branches.

Inside, my Bouganvillia still wants to bloom!

Our driveway, well the end has now been plowed of its foot high mound of ice & snow that the main street plow left, the rest will have to wait till it freezes or thaws or we'll loose a ton of gravel.

3 comments:

Shelamo Shelties December 27, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

Just got told my comment part seems to not be working ... pls try it now.

testing ... Maureen

Pennylynn December 27, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

I wish i would have had my camera at 10 this morning on my way to pick up my niece. I got my pics done as the temperature was rising so I don't have all the prettiness of the ice... just dripping stuff.

It was sooooo beautiful all the way down Dunrobin this morning. The fields were to die for... fairyland looking.

Love your plant!

Shelamo Shelties December 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Agree .. fairlyand for sure ... guess it's only going to last this one day as they are talking a REAL cold north blast ... something like -26??!!! YIKES, we'll all have skating rinks around us.

Maureen


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP