Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Friday, January 22, 2010

Norovirus Hits Us Here

A totally different topic than what I usually post .... Just Be Warned! as we have no idea how it started here.

It's been a real rough week here. Yes, as the title says, our home has been 'hit' with the norovirus. The news stations have been reporting all about it in the last 24 hrs as they are really concerned with it affecting the Olympics.

The actual details you don't want to hear. It hits NOW, with no warning. Mike was the 1st to come down with it Sunday nite, I joined in Tues evening. Neither of us could handle the dogs, so we called in one troop member, my mom. By Thursday morning, didn't she start. Once you've emptied everything, you are so weak, so sore, cold, achy, you don't want to eat and even toast after 2 days feels like fire going down. Only a bed or couch seems to be where you want to be. We've gone through several boxes of Gravol, Imodium, Zantec and are taking those Lactobacillis capsules to try and bring the gut bacteria back to normal.

Last night, chicken soup was OK for me, and I seemed to have more energy, at least enough to deal with the dogs. Mike didn't like the taste and headed back to bed.

I'm feeling better today, mom has gone back to bed, as for Mike it's been more meds for him this morning. Needless to say we aren't sending mom home for a bit, her husband has been told to Stay Away!

We're disinfecting as much as we can; tho spraying outside door handles just freezes to icicles. Thanks to friends who have been brave enough to drop of more needed medication & toilet paper supplies :)

This certainly wasn't our idea of any kind of New Year's weight loss program. TG dogs can't get it from us.

5 comments:

Kav January 22, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

Yikes! Hope you are all on the mend by now. I was going to say that at least you had multiple furry hot water bottles to snuggle up to, but I guess their needs kind of outweighed their benefits this time round. But it does bring home to me the fact that a breeder is always on call -- 24/7. You're a dedicated bunch.

judyf,  January 23, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

Sorry to hear that your family has been sick, and wish you all a speedy recovery.

Acadia Shelties January 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

Oh this sounds HORRIBLE! I hope you are all better now!
Cadie

Shelamo Shelties January 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Rocky is the one that was always near me and would curl up behind my legs when I was crashed on the couch.

Maureen

Laurie Hughes,  November 30, 2019 at 8:24 AM  

I really appreciate  DR AKHIGBE,my name is LAURIE HUGHES . I will never stop testifying DR AKHIGBE , Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR AKHIGBE did it for me I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day,  I saw a testimony on how DR AKHIGBE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and i did, behold I was free from the deadly disease,till now no HIV in me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now,all the testimony of DR AKHIGBE is true  please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or you can whats App his mobile number on +2349010754824  He can also cure these diseases like HIV and AIDS, DENGUE FEVER. HERPES,DIABETICS,CANCER, HEPATITIS A&B,CHRONIC DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESURE,  ASTHMA, HEART DISEASES, EXTERNAL INFECTION, EPILEPSY, STROKE, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, NAUSEA,VOMITING OR DIARRHEA LUPUS,ECZEMA,BACK PAIN,JOINT PAIN, ERYSIPELAS, MALARIA,  BACTERIA DIARRHEA, JAPANISE B ENCEPHALITIES, RABIE, BREAST INFECTION.  ETC .please email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or whats APP him  ..+2349010754824  he is a real good and honest man.  website...  https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP