Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snow Shovelling - Two Black Pups

Yesterday afternoon the weather was such that it was time to dig out the stairs & gates to our girls/puppy pen .... snow over the last few weeks has covered the stairs and drifted in at the snow gate entrances. I had the girls & our 12 wk old Trixie pups loose on the deck, supervising my efforts.

During the day, the sun light times, it's just me, so getting pics of these BLACK dogs isn't easy! If I try to get down at their level, well they are all over me! So I used the fact that I was lower, down the stairs from the deck to capture a few pics. Tootsi was OK with my shovelling and was pretty good at just standing at the top of the stairs and watching me.

What's up sis?

Our bi-black girl Moxie, well she's a different story! Not only are the full faced black dogs harder to capture .... I guess I'll be learning over time at just what angle the sun needs to be ... she was also the one that wouldn't stay still!

Gotcha in a moment of stillness!
Finally another still shot.
Back to barking at me! This was what the rest of the pictures were like.

3 comments:

judyf,  January 13, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Finally, some cute pics of the little black girls. I know what you mean about black dogs being more difficult to photograph well.

Kav January 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

Thanks for posting these pictures. I've been anxiously checking in for new puppy pics. Though seeing that head shot of your bi-black, Moxie is she? gave me a start as I just recently lost my own little bi-black girl, Elsie to a second bout of lymphoma. I swore for a second that it was my girl! And you're right about how hard it is getting pictures. I have oodles of snaps consisting of black blobs with red eyes. LOL.

Shelamo Shelties January 17, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Yes, you are right Moxie is a bi-black. Sorry to hear of you're loss ... must have been some trying times.

Maureen


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP