Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Canine Sense - Did You Know

Check out these articles by Dr. Stanley Coren (BC, Canada) Canine Corner

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Saying Good-bye

Maybe this post will help heal the pain I'm feeling.

Sassy was a major part of our life, returning for boarding many, many times. She was raised here as one of our own, but went on to her new home around 6 yrs of age.

Ceilidh, Sassy, Teegan

She lived with 2 other dogs, unfortunately Ceilidh passed to the Rainbow Bridge this past spring.
Sassy @ 4 yrs of age
She was in for boarding, and altho we knew she had not been doing well since early this spring, each time she seemed to rally back. Yesterday it was not to be. I captured the above picture early yesterday ... it's almost as if the stuffed sheltie is saying 'I feel for you'.

I had the hard job of seeing her get her wings, to run free and to visit with all her previous friends. As I drove home with tears in my eyes, the sun was setting, a bright red sky that I'm sure was welcoming her.

Sassy .. your sweet face, loving pokes with your nose will be missed not only by us here, but your real family. A special thank-you to our Almonte Vet Hospital for all your care and support.

Golden Hylite's Spit Fire
Dec 6, 2000 - Nov 15, 2011

" Every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. And
every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart.
If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I
will become as generous and loving as they are"
author unknown

0 comments:


Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP